Friday, March 11, 2011

Just do it

Today something happened that made me think getting older is definitely nothing but cool. Random couple conversations related to getting older and a general overtone of how it was looked down on from most. I couldn't disagree more. Being in a new place I have been pretty much minding my own business and setting up shop essentially. I have noticed my neighbor across the street working in his workshop and around the yard and walking his dog, smoking, drinking the occasional beer but pretty much always going from project to project....Cool seems like a straight up guy, probably in his 60's full beard and always wearing jeans and a flannel and a fedora. Well today before work I am in my shed working on projects and he is outside doing this that and the other. I walk inside to grab a few things and when I walk towards the garage he is in the street looking at me and says whats up bud? I re direct and head up to say hey bud whats going on. He says "you mind moving the car a bit up or back, I'm thinking about cutting that tree down over there." Pointing to this big ass tree that is at like a 60 degree tilt he says he thinks he will cut it down before it gets uprooted. I just said "Done, I'll just move it now." I walk inside to grab something else after moving the car and rrrrroar, chain saw started and within 3 seconds it hits the tree, Ha yeah buddy, 10 minutes later the tree crashes across the street and he is standing over it and yelled "now the work begins" after I give him the thumbs up and a big hell yeah. I left for work around 4 when he is starting to break the tree down and I swear when I came home to grab a bite to eat at 7 the thing was 50% cut up and stacked...Impressive.

2 comments:

  1. check and see if he's got a panhead!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Already scoped it out right away thinking the same, doubtful but I would say there is a 50% chance I am wrong.

    ReplyDelete